- a. South Sudan Secondary School Certificate, with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- b. The ability to write and speak English clearly and correctly.
- c. Evidence of respect for, and willingness to participate in the spiritual life of the College. St. Luke’s accepts and teaches the Christian gospel in the name of the Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- d. Evidence of maturity in conduct, commitments and personal skills appropriate to the candidate’s vocational goals.
- e. A background check, and if requested by the admissions committee, a personal interview.
Applicants who cannot demonstrate academic readiness (via transcript or other documents), but who have obvious gifts for ministry, may be granted conditional admission.
- 2. New Students: New students are expected to attend orientation sessions before the academic year to familiarize themselves with the life of the college.
- 3. Writing Skills: Because good writing skills are essential to success in the diploma program as well as in church and community, we will assist our students in developing and improving their writing skills. A writing skills tutor will be available during the first year of studies. Students who are identified as needing a tutor will be assigned one by the dean of faculty.
- 4. Full time Students: A full time student’s academic load is at least twelve semester hours, including intensive courses, for each semester. An average load of 12 -14 semester hours is necessary to qualify for a diploma in the usual time period.
- 5. Senior Thesis: As an option, a thesis may be completed for 4 hours of credit on a topic related to the student’s area of study. The topic will be chosen by the student in consultation with the student’s academic advisor and must be approved by the Academic Affairs Committee before November 1 of the academic year in which the diploma is to be granted. Topics may be submitted for approval during the previous year.
- 6. Graduation Requirements: Requirements for a Diploma of Arts include the satisfactory completion of 72 credit hours.
- 7. The candidate must be in good academic standing and have a minimum GPA of 2.00 or higher. No courses with a grade of “D,” “F,” or “I” will be counted toward the minimum credit hours.